01 April 2012

April 2012

  1. John Lennon/Paul McCartney - A Toot And A Snore A bit of dialog from the A Toot And A Snore In '74 Lennon/McCartney bootleg.  Just because.
  2. Coil - Sex With Sun Ra A great track (and a great song title) from the 2006 Black Antlers  re-release.  The fact that there will never be another Coil album saddens me greatly. 
  3. Sala-Arhimo - Ilmestys Some of the Finnish freak-folk (or whatever it was called) that was all the rage with the kids a couple of years back.  Some if it isn't half bad.
  4. Jane Birkin - Help Camionneur What do you get when you add a squeaky-voiced actress to a Gainsbourg written/produced album?  Something like this, actually. 
  5. Laghonia - Glue Psyche from Peru.  Apparently they wanted to be Traffic
  6. Deuter - Der Turm Fluchpunkt Deuter's first two albums, D and Aum, are both great studio Krautrock albums.  Now move along. 
  7. Funkadelic - I Bet You (Single Version) A much as I love P-Funk, the rock in me keeps pulling me back to Funkadelic.  In mono, because (according to Stanley Kubrick and Anton LeVay) it's better.
  8. Dry & Heavy - Dawn Is Breaking Japan is not generally the first place I think to look for heavy roots dub, but what to I know?  Nothing, apparently. 
  9. Jack Dangers - Burbidge Chain Experimental MBM commissioned for the unfortunately named T.I.T. planetarium?  Sure, I'll take a bit of that.
  10. Okkyung Lee - Sky I have no idea where this came from, though iTunes claims that I downloaded it in 2008 and the cover looks like standard Tzadik fare.  Sounds great, though. 
  11. Bindu Suspension - Snow Is Coming Apocryphal, hopefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment